INEC Voters Card Online Registration Portal for 2023 Election
– Steps to Register for Voters Card Online as INEC Launches Portal
Ahead of the 2023 general elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has launched an online portal for Nigerians to register as voters.
Get Job Updates on WhatsApp: CLICK TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP
Eligible Nigerians are expected to access the portal and provide relevant details before moving on to complete the registration at designated physical centre
The portal will be accessible to the public on Monday, June 28, when the online registration is scheduled to commence.
Intending registrants can visit any INEC state or LGA office to complete the process starting from Monday, July 19, the same day the physical registration is scheduled to start.
The online portal, according to INEC, is a public service and therefore free of charge. All that is needed is a mobile device that can connect to the internet.
INEC Voter Card Online Registration Will Be For The Following Categories Of Nigerians:
- Those who are 18 years and above and have not registered previously.
- Registered voters who have had any problem during accreditation for any past election, with either their Permanent Voters’ Cards or their fingerprints not being read by the Smart Card Reader.
- Registered voters who want to transfer their voting location from one place to another.
- Registered voters who want to correct issues with their data, such as misspelt names, dates of birth, etc.
- Registered voters whose PVCs are lost or damaged.
INEC voter card: How to register in simple steps
- Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process
- Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration
- Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre-registration
- Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information
- After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration centre for biometric capture to complete his/her registration.
- The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre-registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated
- Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details
- Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture
- A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters’ Card (PVC)
Meanwhile, those who are already registered as voters can also carry out all the other activities such as transfers, correction of personal details and replacement of damaged or defaced PVCs online.
As Nigeria and other countries battle the coronavirus pandemic, INEC said it hopes the portal will reduce overcrowding at the registration centres and make the registration processes generally easier, thereby giving Nigerians a pleasant electoral experience.