The P-YES registration portal is open and applications are ongoing now.
If you’re interested to participate in this federal government empowerment programme, kindly read this article to the end.
However, we shall be guiding you on how to properly apply for the P-Yes recruitment 2022.
P-YES simply means Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme.
(P-YES) The 2022/2023 scheme aims to create at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities through direct youth empowerment over a minimum period of two years. Some persons have likened it to NPOWER but this scheme is strictly for Nigerian Youths.
The P-YES scheme covers the “Youth” defined in the Nigerian National youth policy (2009) as male and female individuals whose ages are between 18 and 40 years old.
The scheme is designed to equip the youths with requisite skills, knowledge and resources that will make them productive; thereby reducing poverty and creating an economically empowered youth population that can contribute meaningfully to national growth.
Aim Of P-YES Initiative
- To enhance production, productivity and value addition for new and existing urban and rural entrepreneurs across the 774 Local Government Areas across Nigeria on a sustainable basis.
- Build the capacity of the youth to enable them take charge of their own well-being and future by building their assets and realizing their potential to achieve greater goals.
- To fight the scourge of social vices among youth by empowering them to be productively engaged. To help achieve the financial inclusion strategy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
P-YES Application Requirements
The scheme will be accessible to the literate, semi-literate and the non-literate population.
- Applicant must be a Nigerian male or female between the ages of 18 and 40.
- Applicant must have a means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
- Ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Beneficiary should posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants Must Complete a guarantor’s form.
How To Apply/Register for P-YES Programme
It would interest you to know that you can apply online (easiest method) or you can apply directly in any of P-YES designated offices across Nigeria.
Online Application- Click on this link – http://applicant.p-yes.gov.ng/
Apply in office- In the event you can not or you choose not to apply online, you can collect a registration form from any of their offices here
We are willing to assist you in every possible way. Subscribe to our page through the email subscription button below for more updates.
For questions and clarification, drop a comment. We will respond accordingly.